Last week I solved the problem of the student's difficulty with sharing and accessing the digital stories they wrote by getting them to work in the cloud. I wrote some JavaScript in a wiki page that allowed them, when editing the page, to copy photos from the net to a table then to write captions for each slide. Then, when they viewed the page they saw a slide show with captions. They had no trouble doing this.
This weekend I spent a lot of time improving the look of the slideshow using jQuery and crossslide plugin to produce a Ken Burns effect and a continuous running show that looked like a YouTube. I can't wait to see if the students relate better to this than the PowerPoint like show they had last week. JQuery is a very clever JavaScript library that makes JavaScript work on all browsers and gives special effects like animation. I did something like this years ago using DHTML, but this was so much easier. It was easier to understand jQuery because I had learnt about object literals last year in finding out about JSON.
-- Post From My iPhone
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Brian Edgar
- I enjoy sketching my world, learning about plants, building models, travelling
No comments:
Post a Comment